Thought we'd put a bit of info in for friends and family to see the process... we have completed Stage 1, and parts of Stage 2, however we are not having the Tender Appointment, we go straight to the building contract signing on April 24th, as a part of Henley "fast-tracking" our project.
These are Henley's procedures of purchase...
Stage 1. The Owners are required to:
- Supply a clear copy of Section 32 (where available) and a Title plan (with plan subdivision) for the block of land.
- Supply a list of requested variations, including facade choice.
- Supply details of finance provider.
- Supply a proposed site plan - a diagram of where you want your house sited on your block (this is prepared during discussions with your sales consultant).
Stage 2. The Owners and Builder are required to:
- The Cosham Interiors colour selection appointment is booked and completed. Weekend appointments are offered, subject to availability.
- Complete the Preliminary Tender for presentation at the relevant Office. This Tender includes facade details, catalogue options, colour selection items, estate requirements and electrical changes.
- Wait for completion of land development work and release of land titles.
Stage 3. Land Title now released:
The Builder is required to:
- Order soils report, site survery, Council and other information.
The Owners and Builder are required to:
- Presentation of final Tender at the relevant office, on a weekday, including facade, catalogue options, colour selection ites, estate requirements, electrical changes, site costs, and items resulting from receipt of Council or other information.
- A further deposit of $1650 is required at this point to prepare contract drawings and progress to Building Contract stage.
A Builder is required to:
- Apply to land developer for assessment of plans and/or colours (where applicable)
Stage 4. The Owners are required to:
- Sign the building contract.
- Pay balance of 3% deposit on contract signing.
- Supply proof of ownership of land. Land ownership and finance approval must be supplied before construction will start.
- Supply a finance letter of offer.
Stage 5. The Builder is required to
- Apply for the building permit.
- Complete a check of the file.
- Prepare final drawings.
- Order materials required for construction.
- Issue final drawings for confirmation by owners.
- Allocate your job to a building supervisor.
The Owners are required to:
- Provide written confirmation from the finance provider that funds are ready to be released for construction.