Well we're a little happy we didn't sign our building contract on April 24... and even tomorrow's reschedule has been delayed while we wait for a few changes as per our tender review last week.
Spoke to our broker, and spoke to S at Henley. We're now just sitting and waiting... possibily until after July 1st. We're in no major hurry to sign, as our land doesn't settle until August.
Signing now we're eligible for $26k worth of grants.
Signing between July 1st - Sep we're eligible for $32k worth of grants.
Just waiting to hear back from S again to see whether there's any penalties for delaying the signing as our tender will expire early June.
Showing posts with label FHOG. Show all posts
Showing posts with label FHOG. Show all posts
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
The First Home Bonus for Victorians increased...
Not sure whether to delay our contract signing until after July 1st? Guess it will depend on what the Federal Gov decide on after May 12.
If we sign contracts prior to June 30, we are eligible for the $26,000 combined State and Federal Government grants and bonuses.
http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/premier/victorian-first-home-bonus-increased-for-new-homes.html
If we sign contracts prior to June 30, we are eligible for the $26,000 combined State and Federal Government grants and bonuses.
http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/premier/victorian-first-home-bonus-increased-for-new-homes.html
Thursday, April 23, 2009
The FHOG (end of)...
From today's AGE:
First home-owner deadline looms: Rudd
April 23, 2009 - 1:06PM
The boost to the first home owners grant will not be extended beyond June 30, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has suggested.
"The first home owner's boost, as you know, we have indicated that will conclude within a very fixed and finite time frame," he told reporters in Perth.
"It's had strong useful results so far, but I have got to say all good things must come to an end."
The grant was raised from $7000 to $14,000 for existing dwellings and from $14,000 to $21,000 for new homes as part of the government's $10.4 billion stimulus package last year.
Mr Rudd said the Government was still measuring the full effects of the boost but it was important the community understood deadlines were imposed for a particular purpose.
Withdrawing the grant could hit some families hard.
Today, Treasurer Wayne Swan said he could not guarantee that the jobless rate won't hit double digits after a ''bleak'' report form the International Monetary Fund on the global economy.
Releasing its latest World Economic Outlook late overnight, the IMF forecast Australian growth would contract by 1.4% in 2009, before growing by 0.6% in 2010.
The IMF now expects world growth to decline by 1.3% in 2009, a hefty 1.8% reduction from what it predicted at the start of the year, while developed economies are expected to contract by 3.8%.
''It's the worst set of global forecasts the IMF has yet bought down because it now believes that the recession will be deeper and longer than previously forecast,'' Mr Swan said.
''And of course this has made an Australian recession inevitable.''
The IMF expects Australian jobless rate to be 7.8% in 2010, compared to its current level of 5.7%.
In February the Government had forecast a jobless rate of 7% by mid-2010, although Mr Swan has already indicated that unemployment will be higher than that because declining growth, and new forecasts will be included in the May 12 budget.
Mr Swan was asked if he could guarantee that the jobless rate wouldn't hit the double digit levels seen in the early 1990s.
''There are no guarantees when you are amidst the most savage global recession since the Great Depression,'' Mr Swan said.
''The Government will do everything we possibly can by way of economic stimulus to support jobs now ... and to put in place the building blocks for recovery so that we can maximise the employment opportunities that will flow from the global recovery when it comes.''
He said the pace of economic recovery will depend on the rest of the world.
''I myself personally am a little bit optimistic about China, and that's a good thing,'' Mr Swan said.
First home-owner deadline looms: Rudd
April 23, 2009 - 1:06PM
The boost to the first home owners grant will not be extended beyond June 30, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has suggested.
"The first home owner's boost, as you know, we have indicated that will conclude within a very fixed and finite time frame," he told reporters in Perth.
"It's had strong useful results so far, but I have got to say all good things must come to an end."
The grant was raised from $7000 to $14,000 for existing dwellings and from $14,000 to $21,000 for new homes as part of the government's $10.4 billion stimulus package last year.
Mr Rudd said the Government was still measuring the full effects of the boost but it was important the community understood deadlines were imposed for a particular purpose.
Withdrawing the grant could hit some families hard.
Today, Treasurer Wayne Swan said he could not guarantee that the jobless rate won't hit double digits after a ''bleak'' report form the International Monetary Fund on the global economy.
Releasing its latest World Economic Outlook late overnight, the IMF forecast Australian growth would contract by 1.4% in 2009, before growing by 0.6% in 2010.
The IMF now expects world growth to decline by 1.3% in 2009, a hefty 1.8% reduction from what it predicted at the start of the year, while developed economies are expected to contract by 3.8%.
''It's the worst set of global forecasts the IMF has yet bought down because it now believes that the recession will be deeper and longer than previously forecast,'' Mr Swan said.
''And of course this has made an Australian recession inevitable.''
The IMF expects Australian jobless rate to be 7.8% in 2010, compared to its current level of 5.7%.
In February the Government had forecast a jobless rate of 7% by mid-2010, although Mr Swan has already indicated that unemployment will be higher than that because declining growth, and new forecasts will be included in the May 12 budget.
Mr Swan was asked if he could guarantee that the jobless rate wouldn't hit the double digit levels seen in the early 1990s.
''There are no guarantees when you are amidst the most savage global recession since the Great Depression,'' Mr Swan said.
''The Government will do everything we possibly can by way of economic stimulus to support jobs now ... and to put in place the building blocks for recovery so that we can maximise the employment opportunities that will flow from the global recovery when it comes.''
He said the pace of economic recovery will depend on the rest of the world.
''I myself personally am a little bit optimistic about China, and that's a good thing,'' Mr Swan said.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)